Welcome to My Blog!

We are the Becks and truly are loving life one day at a time. Although I hope to use this blog to record our daily (or weekly/monthly) memories - I hope those of you who view this blog get some enjoyment out of it.


My goal is to every day follow the counsel in these words:


"Let us from this day forward be a little better, love one another a little more, treat one another with greater kindness and look to God and live." Gordon B. Hinckley




Christmas 2008

July 7, 2010

Running

While on our Memorial Day trip to Mexico, it became very clear to me that status quo was just not going to cut it. Everywhere I looked there were fit women running around in bathing suits while I, not nearly as fit, tried to cover up my less than fit body. So, upon my return (June 4) I immediately began running (okay started off with more walking than running but whatever it's my story). It is now July 7th and I am still running (for some it might look more like a jog but for me it is running and running for at least 30 minutes straight). I hate every minute and it takes every fiber of my being to force myself into my running shoes but visions of myself in a bathing suit keeping replaying over and over in my head and so I tie up the running shoes and with heavy heart start off.

This morning I actually noticed a little bit of difference on my run. My time is improving and I had a moment (although extremely brief) of contentment on my run. I didn't hate it! I still disliked it and would rather have been on my couch eating a brownie but the moment helped me see that someday I just might reach a point where I actually look forward to running again (There was a point long long ago when I did like it a little).

So my quest is on to see how long it takes to get to where I am acutally looking foward to a run.....

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! =) I personally have never liked running but I know plenty of ladies who just thrive from it.

    ReplyDelete